A rash is a change of the skin which affects its color, feeling, or texture and it may be localized in one part of the body, or affect all the skin. A rash guard, as the name implies, guards the skin from rashes. In sporting activities, the skin comes in contact with various natural and unnatural elements, which may causes rashes.
A rash guard is used in sports
A rash guard, sometimes known as a rashies or rashys, is a specialized apparel made for sporting activities. It is available as an upper-body wear, as a lower-body wear, or a full-body wear. Generally, rash guards are popular in aquatic sports like swimming, surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling, boating, kayaking, beach trips, and more. Besides water sports, rash guards are also popular in other sports like running, cycling, tennis, crossfit, golfing, martial arts, snow skiing, and sledding.
A rash guard is used in martial arts
In combat sports like martial arts, especially in grappling martial arts, BJJ, and MMA, rash guards are extremely popular. Due to the different techniques employed, a martial artist may execute or be subjected to various kinds of punches, kicks, blocks, and throws, due to which rashes caused by abrasion may appear on the skin. A rash guard offers protection against such rashes. Generally, martial artists wear a rash guard beneath a Gi or even sometimes as a stand-alone garment.
Outstanding benefits of Pacific Sports rash guards
Pacific Sports offers only the highest quality of rash guards, which offer numerous benefits including the following:
1. It protects the skin from mat burn and skin scrapes. During grappling or throwing, the skin comes in friction with the mat, due to which the skin may get scraped or bruised.
2. It keeps the muscles warm. When the muscles are warm, then movement of the body for different techniques becomes easier.
3. It does not roll up while sparring or training. The bottom hem of the rash guard has a rubber grip, which prevents it from rolling up or sliding around.
4. It provides freedom of movement. The multi-panel construction features different pieces that are sewn together in panels, so that increased mobility and full range of motion can be allowed, without any uncomfortable stretching or tearing of the fabric.
5. It features flatlock reinforced stitching. Due to the flatlock reinforced stitching, the seam lies flat to the garment and does not hang loose; thereby increasing the strength of the garment and making it most suitable for intense exercise.
6. It improves blood circulation. A mild level of compression is provided, which improves blood circulation and prevents muscle strain/sprain.
7. It controls moisture and keeps the body dry. The fabric is made from a combination of polyester and spandex, which keeps the body dry.
8. It is available in short sleeves and long sleeves. For some martial arts techniques, a short sleeve rash guard is preferable; while for some other techniques, a long sleeve rash guard is better suited.
9. It has a sublimated design. The design of the rash guard is sublimated, which ensures that it will not wash off, peel away, or fade off.
10. It is available in attractive colours. They are available in various colour combinations to suit individual choices.
11. It fits comfortably. The superior comfort offered enables the martial artist to perform various moves without any distraction due to an ill-fitting garment.
12. It is easy to care and dries quickly. After each training session, the rash guard can be washed and because it is quick-drying, it can be used every day.
13. It is lightweight. The blend of polyester and spandex makes the rash guard lightweight, so it feels almost like a second skin, without being uncomfortable.
14. It is hard-wearing, durable and long lasting. The rash guard will last a long time and withstand intensive training.
15. It is economically priced. All products at Pacific Sports are priced economically to enable martial artists to pursue their chosen art, be it Taekwondo, Karate, BJJ, MMA, or any other martial art.
Pacific Sports quality
All products sold at Pacific Sports undergo rigorous testing. Numerous gyms and martial arts schools of Australia and the world, rely on the Pacific Sports quality for tough and long-lasting products, which includes uniforms, jackets, pants, belts, shoes, rash guards, compression wear, protective wear and training gear. Additionally, products offered on sale carry this same high quality but with drastically reduced prices. Moreover, if the monthly newsletter is subscribed, then an additional 10% discount is also offered.