For the practice to be effective, the mittholder must be good; and a good mittholder needs a good focus mitt like a Pacific Sports focus mitt. Mitt practice is done by practitioners of boxing, kickboxing, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Karate, MMA, and other martial arts. Practicing with a mitt is required for learning how to punch, kick or use elbow and knee strikes.
The trainer holds the mitt while the practitioner hits it. During this process, the trainer shows some tips on how the strikes can have greater accuracy, speed, and power. These tips are implemented by the practitioner until the practitioner gets it right. Hence, training with a mitt is strenuous and intense. Both the trainer and the practitioner put in a lot of effort in the training session. In order for the combined efforts of the trainer and the practitioner to be fruitful, the mitt has to be very good like a Pacific Sports focus mitt.
What makes a good focus mitt?
—Good Shock Absorbtion capacity. A focus mitt undergoes a lot of shocks and it has to be so built that almost all shock is absorbed by the mitt itself.
—Tough inner and outer material. The inner material should be adequately padded and covered with leather as the outer material, so that it can resist constant wear and tear.
—Wearer security and comfort. Comfortable and secure gloves or straps behind the focus mitt help to protect the hands of the wearer and increase the holder’s comfort during the training session.
—Long-lasting and durable. The mitt has to last long and should be durable to withstand rigorous usage.
—Easy to clean. Accumulation of dirt and sweat can become a breeding ground for bacteria and fungus. Hence, all training equipment including the focus mitt has to be cleaned regularly, so that they remain hygienic. The mitt has to be easy to clean, so less time is spent on cleaning and more time is given to the training session.
Outstanding features of Pacific Sports focus mitts
Pacific Sports mitts are so designed and manufactured that it fulfills all the requirements of a good focus mitt and additionally provides many other outstanding features. They are specially made for partner training. Pacific Sports mitts are hard-wearing with a firm striking surface of leather and thick, heavy-duty padding on the inside. The outer glove holds the user’s hand comfortably and provides excellent protection, while the Velcro strap makes sure the mitt is held securely. Pacific Sports mitts make an excellent training aid for all levels of training from beginner to expert.
- For almost all forms of martial arts
- Suitable for boxing, kickboxing, Taekwondo, Karate, and Muay Thai
- Excellent for contact training
- For all levels of training from beginner to expert
- Perfect for partner training sessions
- Versatile, used for punches, kicks, elbow and knee strikes
- Gently curved design for improved functionality
- Outer is hard-wearing PU leather
- Inner is thick long-lasting padding
- The high-density padding provides excellent shock absorption
- A stitched focus point to improve focusing
- Lightweight and well-made with reinforced stitching
- Easy to clean and keep it hygienic
- Made for adult-sized hands
- Comfortable finger slots and extra padding to protect holder’s hand
- Wrist wedge supports holder’s wrist comfortably
- Secure on holder’s hand with an additional wide Velcro strap
- Available as gently curved focus mitts
- Available in attractive colours
- Available in different sizes
- Reasonably priced
- Sold as a pair
Pacific Sports quality
All products sold at Pacific Sports undergo rigorous testing. Numerous gyms and martial arts schools of Australia and the world, rely on the Pacific Sports quality for tough and long-lasting products, which includes uniforms, jackets, pants, belts, shoes, rash guards, compression wear, protective wear and training gear. Additionally, products offered on sale carry this same high quality but with drastically reduced prices. Moreover, if the monthly newsletter is subscribed, then an additional 10% discount is also offered.