On the top, under the Gi jacket, the items to wear that may be combined as per individual requirement, are breast guard, sports bra, T-shirt, compression shirt, and rash guard. While on the bottom, under the Gi pants, the items to wear that may be combined as per individual requirement, are groin guard, underwear, compression shorts, athletic shorts, and compression pants. Wearing these items in any preferred combination is beneficial. Pacific Sports offers high-quality compression wear and rash guards that may be worn under a Gi. The benefits of wearing a compression wear / rash guard under a Gi are numerous.
Pacific Sports Compression Wear
Pacific Sports compression wear
At Pacific Sports, all compression wear is made to the highest quality standards.
- For women martial artists, compression tops and compression tights can be worn inside a gi.
- They are not see-through even when stretched. This makes them ideal for wearing in no-gi martial arts like MMA, wrestling, etc.
- The compression top is great for the upper body, while compression tights are suitable to keep the hips, quads, glutes and the calves warm.
- Made from a blend of 85% polyester and 15% lycra, they provide a mild to moderate level of compression.
- Sweat is easily wicked away and the flatlock stitching makes them super comfortable.
- A sublimated design that won’t fade, making them retain their attractiveness for a long time.
- While offering a snug fit, it also protects the skin from chafing and irritation.
- They are available in S, M, L, XL sizes, to suit all body types.
- They are reasonably priced and affordable.
Pacific Sports Rash Guard
Pacific Sports rash guards
Pacific Sports offers high-quality rash guards with following outstanding features and benefits.
- Flexible Fit Short/Long Sleeve Rash Guard
- For martial arts/crossfit/running/surfing/cycling and almost any physical activity
- Made in polyester and spandex blend, controls moisture
- Protects from rashes
- Provides protection from mat burn and skin scrapes and keeps you germ/infection free
- Moderate compression provides freedom of movement and improves blood circulation
- Sublimated design does not peel or fade or wash off
- Lightweight, super-comfortable and hard-wearing
- Top quality anti-pill fabric
- Flatlock reinforced stitching
- Rubber grip in the bottom hem prevents the top from sliding around and rolling up
- Easy care, quick-drying and durable
- Designed to fit every body shape comfortably
- Keeps body dry and muscles warm
- Sizes Available: S, M, L, XL. See the size chart for your size
An injury can take away from few days to several months of practice. However, injuries in martial arts do happen and therefore, preventing injuries is recommended so that your practice can continue without any interruption. A compression wear like a rash guard or a compression shirt, can act like a second skin and prohibit direct skin exposure. Due to this, it can help to prevent rashes, bruises, scrapes, abrasions, cuts and wounds.
If the training partner has some skin infection, or if the Gi is not washed, or if the mat is not cleaned, then chances of transferring bacteria, viruses and fungus increase greatly. In grappling martial arts like Judo and Jiu-Jitsu, where a lot of clinching and rolling on the mats is done, touching the skin or the Gi of the training partner is inevitable. With a rash guard or compression wear, direct skin exposure if minimized, which helps in preventing infections. Wearing a rash guard on top and full spats below, greatly limits the skin coming in contact with the training partner’s skin, sweat and clothes. Less exposure of the skin results in less chances of infections.
Improves blood circulation
A compression wear fits snugly and keeps the body warm, which improves the circulation of blood. With improved circulation, muscle fatigue, muscle strains, and muscle pulls are greatly minimized. The swelling in any injured area is also limited due to the compression, which contributes in faster recovery.
Enables safer practice
With prevention of injuries and infections, a compression wear can enable you to practice safely. Sweat is effectively wicked away, and protection from mat burns, dust, dirt, bacteria, or fungus is avoided. It also stays in place, even while performing intricate grappling movements.
Comfortable, Durable, Easy maintenance
With sweat being wicked away, the body remains cool and non-sweaty. This allows you to focus more on your martial art instead of worrying about the sweat, humidity and heat. Since spandex is very stretchable, exercises to increase the range of motion like high kicks, acrobatics, and stretching routines can be comfortably performed. Polyester and nylon as well as spandex are such fibres that they last a very long time. The durability of these fabrics guarantee that they will not tear under pressure and can be used for years and years. You can either handwash them or machine-wash in normal cold water. After every training session, they should be washed so that they remain clean and hygenic. Washing instructions are given on the label, which if followed increases the durability of the fabric and also keeps it well- maintained.
Pacific Sports quality
All products sold at Pacific Sports undergo rigorous testing. Numerous gyms and martial arts schools of Australia and the world, rely on the Pacific Sports quality for tough and long-lasting products, which includes uniforms, jackets, pants, belts, shoes, rash guards, compression wear, protective wear and training gear. Additionally, products offered on sale carry this same high quality but with drastically reduced prices. Moreover, if the monthly newsletter is subscribed, then an additional 10% discount is also offered.